Example Scripts Illustrating How to Analyze Minos Ntuples
05 July 2005
This page contains a few example scripts for analyzing ntuples.
- Example scripts using NtpSR/MC/TH trees (produced in production pre-R1.14):
The example scripts make use of a Mock Data Challenge ntuple file which
has the 3 ntuple trees: NtpMC (mc truth) ,NtpSR (standard reconstruction),
and NtpTH (truth helper, used to associated sr results back to the mc truth).
The NtpMC tree may have more entries than the SR or TH trees, since
some mc truth events are triggerless and don't result in reconstruction data.
- Example scripts using NtpSt tree (produced in production R1.14 and later):
- TTree::Draw in bare root:
- C++ rootcint script in loon:
- Create two histograms of cosmic ray zenith angle. Only branches of
interest are activated for more efficient i/o. rootcintNtpSt_crzenith.C .
- Select ntuple entries from a sequential set of files to write to
an output file. Ntuple entries are selected according to run/snarl number
as listed in snarllist.dat, and only branches of interest are activated for more efficient i/o. selectNtpSt.C and
- A newer ROOT tool, TTree::MakeProxy, can be used to analyze Minos ntuples
in a "bare" root session, without the load of minossoft libraries. This tool
is described with examples on a separate MakeProxy page