Some tips and other assorted info from Alan Wehmann and Adam Para:
- Notes on BD Windows NT software,
These notes are for NuMI Windows NT users who have accounts in the Windows
NT BEAMS domain.
- Advanced uses of emacs (from Alan
- Advice for documents to be
distributed electronically (Alan W.)
- CVS primer (Alan W.)
- Documentation on the random number generators GRNDM and RANECU (Alan W.)
- Notes on MS Word 7 <---> LaTeX conversion (Alan W.)
- Here is an example of a .emacs file customized for fortran. It is basically fortran.el with some minor hacks. I have made color highlitening work:
In addition I have introduced two useful (in my opinion functions):
- fortran keywords are in orange
- comments are in red (including characters beyond col 72. This is really useful)
- strings are in green
- ctrl-c d : if typed when the cursor is at the enddo line it will highlight the entire do block. If the beginning of the do block is outside the screen, it will report the first line of the block.
- ctrl-c i : as above, but for the endif line
Access to PC software from X-terminal and workstations. The
WinCenter and NuMI NT server PC's are operational. You may access PC
by issuing a command:
rsh numiwinctr wincenter -display
where $DISPLAY (for example rdxt29.fnal.gov:0)
identifies the screen you want the PC to pop on.
At the present we have Microsoft Office and Scientific Workplace (very
convenient interface to LaTEX and Maple) installed. Microsoft Project
is available also. For further notes on use of these machines, see
the following reference: Notes on \\numiwinctr
and \\numiserver1. For tips on the use of MS Project on
\\numiwinctr see Tips for Use of MS Project.
If you want an account on the WinCenter machine, contact Adam Para or
Last modified : Thu 08 Jun 2000 01:00:37 PM PDTContact:
Path is http://www-numi.fnal.gov/offline_software/alan_tips.html