Last updated: 15 January 2002 08:00
The purpose of this companion is to help members of the MINOS Collaboration
make the transition from the current
system to the brave new world of
- Slide shows has 4 introductory talks:-
- 3 given at "Week in the Woods" collaboration
meetings introducing some basic OO and pattern concepts.
- 1 given at the December 98 UCL collaboration meeting on Learning OO
using this Companion.
Migrating to OO
- Introduction explains the purpose
of this Companion and the part it plays in migrating FORTRAN
Physicists to OO.
Steps provides a hands-on introduction to C++, Objects and ROOT
- Example Macros examines in detail
example MINFAST macros.
- The C++
Crib introduces the basic concepts of OO and offers explanations
of some of those C++ elements most frequently used by beginners.
- The ROOT Crib highlights the more
important features of those ROOT Classes that beginners need to know.
- Glossary of OO and C++ Terms
provides some simple definitions of the OO technology lexicon.
- Education Outlines some training
programs and lists book reviews and external courses
- Roadmap for Physicist Programmers outlines the
steps necessary to install, run and eventually contribute to the
off-line software. Obsolete, soon to be part of the
- Overviews and Tutorials
An Introduction to the MINOS Off-Line Software (warning: under construction - but lots of useful
If you have any comments about this page please send them to
Last Modified: $Date: 2002/08/13 19:16:51 $
Page viewed from