Operational Readiness Clearence
- The full set of info that constitutes official guidelines is in FESHM
- Getting Started with ORCs PDF
- ORC Hazard Identification Checklist PDF This should be the last page of your MOU
- Electrical Equiptment
- Electrical Safety ORC Review Tips PDF
- Flammable Gasses or Liquids
- Other Gas Emissions
- Hazardous/Toxic Materials
- Pressure Vessels
- Vacuum Vessels
- Radioactive Sources
- are they being used as a calibration (temporary use) or do you need them in the enclosure while beam is being run (permanent intallation)?
- you will need Source Training
- Target Materials
- certain materials require additional training for handling
- targets require additional safety reviews/inspections/approval
- Hazardous Chemicals
- Any experiment using flammable, corrosive, reactive, or toxic materials will need to post the Material Safety Data Sheets at the entrances of the enclosure.
- MSD sheets can be found here.
- Mechanical Structures
- A Fire-Life Safety Review is part of the ORC review. Guidelines
- The use of combustables underground should be limited. If there are questions regarding the combustibility of building materials (cables, foam board, platics, etc.), please obtain a samble of the material and contact the Underground Coordinator. There is a system in place to test these materials.
- All racks of electronic equipment to be installed underground must have a rack protection system which would disable all power to the rack including any UPS incase of fire.
Life safety and what it means for installations - fire loads, equipment storage, house-keeping. Links to Access Section, which covers training for access.